We went for a wee walk with Tess to Callendar Park today.
The park, and the house photographed above, have an interesting history. The Roman Antonine Wall goes through the land that is now the park. In the 12th century the land was a seat of the Thanes Of Callander. However, they found themselves on the wrong side in war and the land was instead gratned to the Livingston family. This family owned the land until th8th century, when they were exiled because they supported the losing side in the Jacobite rising of 1715.
The lands were then bought by the York Buildings Company, which retained ownership until 1963 when the council purchased the building and some of the park land.
Much more interesting information about this beautiful building at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callendar_House