2019-09-08 (Day 251) Royal Arch, Dundee

Dundee’s Royal Arch was built to commemorate Queen Victoria’s and Prince Albert’s visit to the city in 1844. Designed by John Thomas Rochead, who also designed the Wallace Monument near Stirling, it was demolished in 1964 to make way for the Tay Road Bridge.

The arch is memorialised by this bronze cast outside the Overgate Centre.