2024-03-10 (Day 070) Sad Sight


What a sad sight on Laurieston’s Mary Street this morning. Last night the flat above the shops caught fire. The family therein escaped unscathed, but literally in their stocking soles and with only the clothes on their backs. The house has clearly been badly damaged, and the businesses below, of course, cannot open.

According to an article in the Daily Record, the homeowner was alerted to the fire by his smoke detector. The early warning it offered allowed the family to get out safely.

Maybe I’ll just go and test mine…